Thursday, January 17, 2008

The more questions.........

Hello, Welcome to the first year blog.From here on I will be giving you insights into the life and experiences of a first year Architecture student .
As I muddle through all the information of what designing space means, it seems the more questions I ask myself about design, the more questions I come up with not answers.In pursuit of the answers though I have bumped into some interesting facts,none that have actually helped me get any closer to answering any of my questions but interesting nonetheless. For example, I once heard that you can tell where a society's values lie when you look at which buildings are the tallest, or at the center of a community.When you look at our skyline what do you see, commercial buildings,businesses, etc. this is quite interesting when we think of those things that stood at the center of our communities,churches, schools, places of community gatherings.

3 comments:

MARKOS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MARKOS said...

Hello first year. I take it where your from has a very signicant skyline? Do you live in a rural or more urban community? Do you live in sprawlville like the rest of us?

dani said...

actually where i technically live (houston) does have a very significant skyline.however i technically do not live there because i live outside the city proper